… to eat healthy and exercise more. We would love to help you get on the right track with our Healthy Eating and Exercise magazine. This inspiration guide has 60 pages packed with tips & tricks on exercise, nutrition, sleep and resilience. The integrated approach makes sure you have energy in your body and peace of mind.
The idea of this guide is that you use it as a memory aid and a reminder. You can track your own goals, progress and achievements in it. And not to worry, you do not have to drastically change your life. The topics covered are small things and small-scale changes that can have a big positive impact on your life.
5 tips to easily exercise more:
- Sit less
Sitting is the new smoking. While working, get up regularly and walk around a bit. Walking meetings are ideal for this purpose.
- Choose achievable goals
A golden tip: start small and build up. Your body gets time to adjust and you achieve your goals more easily. Every step forward is a win.
- Alternate between sitting, standing and moving
Try to do light-intensity exercise most of the day during your tasks. This can be done simply by walking or taking the stairs.
- Move everywhere
When you start paying attention to it, you suddenly see many more opportunities to move. At home, at work, on the road … it is just a matter of keeping your eyes open.
- Reward yourself
You know that exercising more is good for you, but those initial changes are difficult. Just like persevering, for that matter. It is perfectly fine to reward yourself for every step you take.
Healthy and delicious spring recipes
Of course, we also pay a lot of attention to healthy eating, as that is key to your physical and mental health. We would like to treat you to some tasty recipes that will put you on the right track right away.
Lentil-coconut milk soup
-200 g of coral lentils
-70 g of tomato paste
-60 cl of water
-1 vegetable stock cube
-20 cl of coconut milk
-3 teaspoons of curry powder
-1/2 onion, finely chopped
-1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
-20 g of butter
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter in a frying pan over low-medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add curry powder. Mix well.
- Add the lentils, tomato paste, water and vegetable stock cube. Mix well. Add the coconut milk and simmer on low heat for about 15-20 minutes, until the lentils are soft.
- Mix and add a little more water or coconut milk if the mixture is too thick.
TIP: you can eat the rest of the soup the next day.
Quiche without dough, spinach and goat cheese
-5 tbsp of flower
-50 cl of milk
-500 g of steamed spinach leaves
-100 g of goat cheese
-15 g of butter
-salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix the flour with the beaten eggs and gradually add the milk.
Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Butter up a 27 cm diameter cake tin. Pour the mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
TIP: combine this quiche with a fresh salad and a piece of whole-wheat bread for a nutritious and balanced meal. You can eat the rest of the quiche the day after.
-200 g of dates
-80 g of hazelnuts (or nuts of your choice)
-25 g of grated coconut
- Blend all ingredients in a blender (add a little water if the texture is too thick).
- Shape the dough into small balls.
- Leave to cool in the fridge for 2 hours.
TIP: These snacks are good for 1 week in an airtight container.