Ergonomics is about so much more than just the right working posture. It maintains the energy levels of your employees and enhances the mental focus. And since hybrid working is commonplace in most teams by now, the remote office of your employees deserves the necessary attention. Discover our ten easy ergonomics tips here.
1. Alternate a desk chair with a sitting ball or an ergonomic pillow.
2. Stand up or walk around when you have a phone call. Your blood flows better and that is good for your body and brain.
3. Why no walking meeting or a brainstorm by phone instead of another videocall? If your brain gets some oxygen, you can think better.
4. Don’t put your smartphone on your desk, but put it near the windowsill or a cabinet next to you. You’ll need to get up if you receive a call then. Bonus: you’re distracted less.
5. Consider the purchase of a sitting-standing desk. A healthy investment. You can also place a computer stand on your normal table or desk and create your own standing desk.
6. Set an alarm each hour and stand up to fill a glass of water. Like that, you’ll move more and drinking enough helps your body dispose of the waste more easily.
7. Do a mini workout when you go to the bathroom (for instance, 10 squads or 10 jumping jacks).
8. Turn your lunch break into an exercise break. Go for a walk with the dog, take a walk around the block or bike to the local bakery.
9. If you use a standard horizontal mouse, turn your thumb inwards and your elbow outwards. Otherwise, your whole arm is holding unnecessary tension. An ergonomic mouse allows your arm to relax and offers support instead of unnecessary strain.
10. Looking up is 100 times more taxing than looking down for the neck. It’s ideal when the top side of your screen is at eye level and your screen is at arm’s length.