Exercise tips for an energetic team
Science proves that exercise not only provides physical advantages but nourishes the soul too. *** Mentally and physically healthy employees are sick less often and perform better.
Give your team an energy boost with these 10 simple exercise tips.
- * https://www.sciensano.be/nl/gezondheidsonderwerpen/sedentair-gedrag-0#heeft-de-belg-een-sedentaire-leefstijl
- ** https://www.sciensano.be/nl/pershoek/impact-van-de-coronacrisis-op-de-belgen-sciensano-publiceert-resultaten-van-2de-covid-19
- *** https://www.sciensano.be/nl/gezondheidsonderwerpen/lichaamsbeweging-0
Ten tips to exercise more during work
- Alternate between a desk chair with a sitting ball or ergonomic pillow.
- Stand up or walk while you call. Your blood flows better and that is good for your body and brain.
- Why not a walking discussion or a brainstorm by phonecall instead of the umpteenth videocall? If your brain gets some oxygen, you can think better.
- Do not put your smartphone on your desk, but put it near the window or on a nearby cabinet. You will need to get up if you receive a call then. Bonus: you are distracted less.
- Consider the purchase of a sitting-standing desk for the team. A healthy investment.
- Set an alarm every hour and get up to fill a glass of water. Even better: put a notification message for the team.
- Wear an activity tracker that regularly reminds you to walk for a bit.
- Do a mini workout if you go to the bathroom (for example, 10 squads or 10 jumping jacks).
- Turn your lunch break into an exercise break. Take a walk with coworkers, walk around the block or bike to the bakery.
- Do these ‘deskercises’.