The arrival of summer is immediately accompanied by tropical temperatures. With these seven tips, you make sure your sleep does not suffer from the warm nights.
1. Put your sheets and pillowcase in a plastic bag in the fridge or freezer for a few hours before bedtime for a nice fresh feeling when falling asleep.
2. Turn a hot water bottle into a cold water bottle, by filling it with cold water.
3. Do you have a fan? Then place it next to the window, so that it circulates the slightly fresher outside air instead of the warm air from inside.
4. Ventilate the bedroom late at night or early in the morning. This way, you avoid too much warm air coming in. During the day, keep curtains closed as much as possible.
5. Pull out electronic devices. A mobile phone charger, a laptop, a radio,… When plugged in, they generate extra heat, and that you can do without now.
6. Take a lukewarm shower before bed to cool down your body. You should not shower too cold, as your body will tend to warm up and you will soon start sweating again afterwards.
7. Drink a cup of tea before bedtime. It may not sound appealing during these summery temperatures, but by drinking a lukewarm drink, your body temperature actually decreases afterwards.